- About the Program
About the Program
Gain an advantage in today's competitive job market!
The professional Science Master of Environmental Policy and Management (PSM-EPM) at FIU is an innovative program that allows students to pursue advanced training in environmental policy while developing highly valued management skills. Through innovative curriculum and an internship experience, the program emphasizes development of professional skills in environmental management, policy analysis, written and verbal communication, environmental journalism, climate impact in the environment, and environmental stewardship.
What is the PSM-EPM?
Offered by the Department of Earth and Environment, http://www.npsma.org/, PSM-EPM focuses on diverse areas of environmental policy and management, including conservation biology, water resource management, public land management, and environmental analysis using GIS and statistical methods. Students will have access to state-of-the-art labs and instrumentation through their participation in hands-on workshops taught by expert faculty. Students will also have opportunities to interact with established environmental policy and management practitioners through guest speakers, classroom visits and field visits. PSM-EPM is ideal for current practitioners interested in a career and leadership development, and for students looking to launch careers in private and public sectors, international organizations and non-governmental organizations.
- The PSM-EPM accepts a new cohort only in the Fall semester (August) of each year.
- Classes are held at FIU's I-75 (Miramar) Campus.
- Classes meet on Wednesday evenings (6-9 pm) and Saturdays (9:00 am- 4:45 pm) only.
- The cost for the whole program is $30,000* (All fees are subject to change).
- There are a total of 36 credit hours (4 semesters) required to graduate.
Why should I enroll?
PSM-EPM helps you secure employment, advance your current career and position you for leadership roles in environmental fields. Designed for convenience, PSM-EPM features:
- Class twice-a-week
- A 16-month completion schedule
- The ability to work full-time while pursuing the degree.
If you need more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 305-348-5470.